Location: Scarborough, Ontario
The University of Toronto Scarborough and Centennial College have partnered to establish the Environmental and Related Technologies Hub (EaRTH District). EaRTH District is committed to providing sector-focused research and comprehensive education to develop innovative, technology-driven solutions that will fuel sustainable, resilient communities around the world.
The partner institutions sought to work with a consulting team that would push their thinking in new and different directions, helping them explore how this initiative could create widespread economic and social change in the region. They required a clear storyline and data to demonstrate the vast potential and benefits of such a partnership to potential funders, partners and internal stakeholders.
Stiletto worked closely with the University of Toronto Scarborough and Centennial to iteratively discuss initial findings and concepts:
- Real estate data was collected, along with other trend and market data, to reflect the current state of the local / provincial economy and cleantech industries;
- After analyzing the information gathered, economic modeling and social impact modeling was conducted to quantify and forecast the impacts of the proposed initiative. Outcomes were provided at the local, provincial, national and international levels.
- Sample forecast economic data included increases to taxation revenue, GDP, labour income, and jobs.
- Sample forecasted social data included increases to employment, student enrolment, and quality of life through reduced commuting times.
- Stiletto also conducted mapping exercises and created infographics and other illustrations to explain key points at a glance.
The key findings and the concept overview were summarized in final reports and slide decks to share with various target audiences. The University of Toronto Scarborough and Centennial College now have a strong narrative that resonates with stakeholders. This research fully demonstrates how this initiative can spark significant catalytic change in transforming the region’s economy and improving social determinants of health and quality of life.
Some consulting firms stick to a traditional, rigid model that they bring your factors into and use it to validate what you are proposing. Stiletto had the right team as well as the willingness to push some of the traditional thinking. We received incredible value and our expectations were exceeded. Stiletto helped us build a model that truly demonstrated the power of what we are building. We would work with Stiletto again in a heartbeat.
Chief Administrative Officer | University of Toronto Scarborough